Tuesday, September 12

Tutorial - Kite Fold Card


Apologies for my absence over the past week, I've been battling a pretty solid case of the flu. It's been a long time since I've had a proper dose, usually I just whinge my way through head colds and I'm good to go, but this year I think I was one of the many who ended up with influenza. I still whinged, but I didn't get better any faster! Anyway, enough moaning, time to get down to some serious crafting with a tutorial on Kite Fold cards. 


TEMPLATE

1. Start with a piece of card stock measuring 11" long by 4" wide.


2. Place the card stock horizontally on your score board and score at the halfway point - 51/2".


3. Using a pencil and ruler, measure and mark 2" from either side of the centre line you just scored. Repeat on the other edge of the card.


4. Now measure and mark the centre of both ends of the card stock, which is 2" from either side.


5. Use a ruler to connect the marks you made. The four marks on either side of the centre line will form a cross. The lines should intersect in the middle of the score line. Now join each diagonal line to the mark you made at either end of the card stock. Refer to the template above and the photo below for correct placement.


6. Score along the two diagonal lines.


7. Use a craft knife or trimmer to cut along the other lines.


8. Fold back and forth along all the score lines. Now fold the triangular sections on either side of the middle line into the centre of the card.  Press firmly to form the card base.


9. When folded, your card should be a kite shape.


10. Decorate with some patterned paper or stamps and whatever embellishments you like. Don't forget to add a little tail!


7 comments:

Suzanne H said...

This is a great card. I can't wait to try it.

Fikreta said...

Thank you for tutorial. I must try it! Your card is so nice!

Petra-loves-paper said...

What a great tutorial! Lovely card. Hope you get really well soon, greetings Petra

terrie said...

What a great tutorial...it was easy to follow...tfs
Hope your feeling better today...take care

Sandra H said...

Great tutorial Beccy and l love your creation x

Anonymous said...

What a great little card :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you for being so exact in the written instructions!